Sunday, August 31, 2008

51th Merdeka

Merdeka!! Merdeka!! Merdeka!!
51 years ago.. The crowd was waiting for the announcement of independence.. The crowd was as much as 51 years later..


51 years later.. The crowd is as much as 51 years ago......... But.. The crowd was cheering for the sick of cheering.. and............ for the fireworks..


KLCC suppose to be the place for Merdeka countdown.. But it disappointed me.. It became a place for young Malays to chill out.. and I am saying young MalayS.. The crowd is ALL MALAYS.. Where are the Chinese?? Indians?? Is this called celebrating Merdeka??


I know where are the Chinese and Indians.. They are all at Dome.. Dome was fenced.. I am one of them sitting at Dome.. Waiting for the FIREWORKS!!!


It's 11.30pm.. The people at Dome started to stand in front of the fence and get a nice place to have a nice view of the fireworks..


But I am still sitting there.. I feel sleepy LAH!!!! 30 more minutes to go.. My godness!!


Ok!!! Finally I got my butt off the chair and walk to the crowd at the fence.. Hope to watch the fireworks.. *weeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

... Lima.... Empat.... Tiga.... Dua.. Satu..... Merdeka!!!! then, the natonal anthem... 'Negaraku............... Selamat Bertakhta.......'
hmmmm.. Wait a minute.. Fireworks leh?? It is 12.15am.. Still dont see any fireworks!!! Everyone is waiting and waiting and waiting..
Ok fine.. I am going home now.. What a countdown.. No fireworks for 51th Merdeka!!!

No comments: