Monday, September 15, 2008

The Last Festival - Lantern Festival (Sun)

14.09.08 Sunday.. The Lantern Festival Day.. As usual.. Having dinner at my grandparents' house..

Mummy chopping the 'roasted pig leg'....
This will be my last time visiting my grandparents' house.. View from the kitchen.. That used to be the kennel for dogs.. Now, there are no longer dogs living there...
This mirror is really an old old mirror.. It was here before I was born..
The familiar green white tiles..
Everything seems so familiar and old to me.......... I will miss this place..

*Whisper*:: "Actually my grandparents' house is not like kampung kampung area at other state.. It is only at Connaught!!!!......... wahahahahahaha"

Dinner..... Today is the day people always called as 'dai yat zi'- the big day..

Halo.. This is Kylie.. My little little cousin.. She is only 1 yr old.. Looks cute........ Adorable.. Dear.. u will be a big big baby girl when I am back from UK.. muakz..... love u...

Cousins....... From Left: Iris, Pat, Victor

Victor's Lion King Lantern.. haha.. I asked his permission before taking picture of his lantern.. The phrase I used to scared him:" Lei fai dit sik fan ah.. zeng gan ngo sik fai goh lei, ngo loh lei geh Lion King deng long hui siu ah!!!" (You faster eat.. If not later I finish dinner faster than u, I will take ur Lion King lantern and burn it!!!!) wahahahahaha..

The artistic lantern.. hand-made by Iris.. Her masterpiece... Nice...........
The typical way of celebrating this festival again.. with Mooncakes.. Pomelo.. Chinese Tea.. Fruits.... My last festival celebration..........

No comments: